Shoei RF-1000 Gobert Helmet
- Part #: 3302000XXS
- Manufacturer Part #: RF-1000
Overview of Shoei RF-1000 Gobert Helmet
- Snell and DOT certified
- Designed for the rider who demands exceptional quality, function and features
- Aerodynamic shell design is the product of extensive wind-tunnel testing and feedback from professional riders
- Shell constructed from lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+) -- high-performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultralightweight, rigid and resilient
- Aero Stabilizer dramatically reduces drag and lift to diminish fatigue and increase performance
- Two-layer EPS liner ventilation system offers unmatched ventilation with internal channels and exhaust ports throughout the helmet
- Integrated Upper Air Intake minimizes air turbulence and maximizes air stream
- Outlet holes in the Aero Stabilizer let warm air out of helmet
- Lower air intake provides airflow that helps to diminish shield fogging
- Neck outlet vent allows for effective air exhaust
- 3-D interior liner is ergonomically designed to offer safety, fit and comfort
- Cheek pads and padded D-ring chin-strap cover can be easily removed for cleaning
- Quick Release Base Plate (Q.R.B.P.) allows tool-less shield removal
- Wide, three-dimensionally curved shield offers increased peripheral vision and optical clarity, a scratch-resistant coating and provides 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Medium helmet weighs 3 lb., 2 oz.
- Comes with clear face shield
Specs for Shoei RF-1000 Gobert Helmet
Reviews for Shoei RF-1000 Gobert Helmet
I would recommend this item to a friend.
This is a beautiful helmet. Perfect fit and finish. I would highly recommend this helmet to anyone who wants a quality helmet.I would recommend this item to a friend.
Was this review helpful to you?
Although I have to concur with other reviewers about the "fogging shield" issue, I have never owned a Shoei that did not have that problem. My problem is with the noise level. I replaced a TZ1 with the RF1000 Strife, and while I love the graphics (the only reason why I kept it, other than the "closeout" price - Dennis Kirk rocks), the noise level in this helmet is 2 to 3 times louder than my TZ1 with an amazingly annoying whistle whenever I tilt my head to the left. Other than that, this helmet fairs immensely better in the buffeting department than my TZ1 at high speeds, especially behind trucks. If I use this helmet for any long trips, I will, for the first time, be forced to wear some type of ear plugs or break out my old Shoei TZ1. The overall fit and finish is excellent while I have to take away a point for comfort due to the noise level. And I took away 2 points from overall and quality because the noise level is THAT much worse than my previous Shoei model TZ1. But, noise can be dealt with by using some standard ear plugs or using earbuds and an MP3 player, so the product was worth the "closeout" cost, but I feel that it is not worth the 475 retail price.I wouldn't recommend this item to a friend.
Was this review helpful to you?