Overview of Vance & Hines Straightshots HS Exhaust System - 17819
NOTE: Will not accept Hot Tips
Not all products are legal for sale or use on pollution controlled vehicles. Check your local laws and the manufacturers information
There is warranty on exhaust pipes and mufflers with regard to any discoloration. Discoloration (bluing) is the result of tuning characteristics, cam timing, carburetor jetting, overheating, etc. and is not caused by defective manufacturing. See out wide assortment of chemicals that will help prevent or remove bluing
Installation of a new exhaust system may change your motorcycles fuel-air mixture requirements. Please consult the manufacturer directly with questions regarding any modifications that may need to be made during, or after, installing their product.
(1) Front head pipe
(1) Rear head pipe
(1) Front heat shield
(1) Rear heat shield
(4) #20 Hose clamps
(2) #28 Hose clamps
(2) Nut plates
(4) 5.16" x 5/8" Flangehead bolts
(3) 5/16" x 1-1/2" Hexhead bolts
(3) 5/16" Flat washers
(1) 11/16" x 9/16" Spacer
(1) Nylon cable tie
The Air Resources Board (ARB) does not permit the use of aftermarket emission-related parts that alter the air/fuel ratio of an emission-controlled vehicle. Due to these legal restrictions this part cannot be shipped to California.
Cross reference number(s):18001222
Specs for Vance & Hines Straightshots HS Exhaust System - 17819
|Color - Primary||Chrome|
Fitment for Vance & Hines Straightshots HS Exhaust System - 17819See if this part fits your ride
Part 4404957 fits the following machines
- 2011 Harley-Davidson Dyna Fat Bob - FXDF
- 2010 Harley-Davidson Dyna Fat Bob - FXDF
- 2009 Harley-Davidson Dyna Fat Bob - FXDF
- 2008 Harley-Davidson Dyna Fat Bob (EFI) - FXDF
- 2009 Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider - FXDL
- 2008 Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider (EFI) -FXDL
- 2007 Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider (EFI) -FXDL
- 2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider Injected - FXDL I
- 2011 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob - FXDB
- 2010 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob - FXDB
- 2009 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob - FXDB
- 2008 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob (EFI) - FXDB
- 2007 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob (EFI) - FXDB
- 2010 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide - FXD
- 2009 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide - FXD
- 2008 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide (EFI) - FXD
- 2007 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide (EFI) - FXD
- 2011 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom - FXDC
- 2010 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom - FXDC
- 2009 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom - FXDC
- 2008 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom (EFI) - FXDC
- 2007 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom (EFI) - FXDC
- 2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom Injected - FXDC I
- 2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Injected - FXD I
- 2011 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide - FXDWG
- 2010 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide - FXDWG
- 2008 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide (EFI) - FXDWG
- 2007 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide (EFI) - FXDWG
- 2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide Injected - FXDWG I
Look / Finish: Chrome is spotless and brilliant, 220 deg shields give the impression that the whole system are 2.25" drag pipes. The Vance & Hines Script at the end of the shield, next to the collector is classic and appealing.
Fitment: Fit my bike like a glove, no modifications required to install.
Performance. WOW, the sound quality is awesome. That classic potato-potato-potato sound is on the spot. At full throttle, the pipes open up the glory that it is the Evo Sportster... Wish I could say that heads turn and people stare, but I can't tell on my rear view mirror.
Note: This exhaust system is very hi-flowing, free-breathing, hi-performance etc. You get the Idea, so my recommendation is to get a jet kit and a better Air Cleaner / Air Filter. You can find those from Dennis Kirk. Your engine will run very lean with the stock jets and this system.
The pipes look stellar, the finish is truely awesome. More importantly, the performance is great! They're pretty long pipes, so if you're looking for dyno numbers at the high RPM range they are probably not the pipes for you. If you're looking for great street pipes with a lot of meat under the curve, though, these are IT!
Sound great, stuck them on youtube here:
They sound great, but different than stock exhaust w/crossover tube. Not quite as smooth sounding as stock but you will forget what your old system sounded like after a few hundre miles anyway. Got them @ DK for $357 to the door.