Overview of Travelcade Road Sofa Seat w/Backrest - H988J
Overall Length: 35 in.
Drivers Seat: Length: 19 1/2 in., Width: 18 in.
Drivers Lumbar Height: 9 in.
Passenger Seat: Length: 16 in., Width: 19 in.
Passengers Lumbar Height: 5"
Cross reference number(s):08100144
Specs for Travelcade Road Sofa Seat w/Backrest - H988J
|Color - Primary||Black|
|Length - Driver Seat||19 1/2 in.|
|Length - Pillion||16 in.|
|Length - Seat Overall||35 in.|
|Width - Driver Seat||18 in.|
Fitment for Travelcade Road Sofa Seat w/Backrest - H988JSee if this part fits your ride
Part 452793 fits the following machines
- 2005 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing
- 2004 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing
- 2003 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing
- 2002 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing
- 2001 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing
- 2005 Honda GL1800A Gold Wing
- 2004 Honda GL1800A Gold Wing
- 2003 Honda GL1800A Gold Wing
- 2002 Honda GL1800A Gold Wing
- 2001 Honda GL1800A Gold Wing
- 2010 Honda GL1800BM Gold Wing Airbag
- 2009 Honda GL1800BM Gold Wing Airbag
- 2006 Honda GL1800HP Gold Wing Audio Comfort
- 2010 Honda GL1800HPM Gold Wing Audio/Comfort
- 2009 Honda GL1800HPM Gold Wing Audio/Comfort
- 2008 Honda GL1800HPN Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi
- 2007 Honda GL1800HPN Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi
- 2006 Honda GL1800HPN Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi
- 2008 Honda GL1800HPNA Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi ABS
- 2007 Honda GL1800HPNA Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi ABS
- 2006 Honda GL1800HPNA Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi ABS
- 2010 Honda GL1800HPNAM Gold Wing
- 2009 Honda GL1800HPNAM Gold Wing
- 2010 Honda GL1800HPNM Gold Wing
- 2009 Honda GL1800HPNM Gold Wing
- 2008 Honda GL1800P Gold Wing Premium Audio
- 2007 Honda GL1800P Gold Wing Premium Audio
- 2006 Honda GL1800P Gold Wing Premium Audio
Overall, I'd buy it again because the quality makes up for what I considered to be lacking.
That said, the seat arrived well packaged and secure. It fit perfectly on the bike right away, just removed the standard 4 bolts from the old and popped on the new. Took a little compressing but no biggy. Seat back fit right in, one included bolt for the stem. I had to tighten up both bolts to keep it from flopping.
The ride is very different from the OEM. I've popped around the area on it a bit (150 miles at a time) and am getting used to it. It is VERY much wider than the OEM seat. It doesn't feel 1 1/2" lower, but after all these years, the old seat may have been pretty squished!
One BIG note, the passenger trunk cover is really a COVER, not a replacement! You will have to remove the old and put this on. There are no directions, do you leave the old foam? Do you leave the old cover on and put this over? I was able to slip it over the old, but it flew off at highway speeds! Fortunately I caught it. I will have to ponder this more.
Is it comfortable? Mostly. It is a different feel, but it's not the "miracle for your butt" that some say. My passenger does not like the seat back between us, that is definitive. But when she's not there, it's kinda nice. New for me anyway.
I'll have to say the biggest change I've noticed is the bike is quieter! About 1/2 the engine noise as before.
So for the few of us that still need this particular seat, if you need a complete replacement, go for it. If you can afford the down time, a re-cover is probably your better value. Does look good, however!
1 year ago