Overview of Solas Concord Impeller - 13/22 Degree - YSCD1322
- All Solas impellers feature super-strong stainless steel construction and a heat-treated, high wear-resistant insert, which is press-fit and pinned
- Smooth finish and polished hub eliminates cavitation
- Hub inserts are three times as durable as that of conventional impellers
- Hub end water seal keeps weeds and debris out of vital parts
- Bending the pitch of the blades is how some do it - Solas are die-cast
- The Concord 2000 series features a radial leading edge for better performance in choppy water
- All Impellers include the hub seal
HOW TO SELECT IMPELLERS
Impeller selection used to be based on levels of engine modification. While sheer power remains a guide, other parameters have been found to be equally important. Take into account how and where the craft will be used as well as its physical characteristics.
- 1. The more horsepower a watercraft has, the higher the impeller's pitch angle can be.
- 2. If rpm tend to run too high, a higher pitch angle is recommended.
- 3. Higher pitch angles are recommended for use in cold climates.
- 4. Higher pitch angles are recommended for top-speed performance, but will lower acceleration.
- 5. Lower pitch angles are recommended for heavier boats.
- 6. Lower pitch angles are recommended for higher altitudes.
- 7. Lower pitch angles are recommended for towing.
- 8. Lower pitch angles are recommended for acceleration performance, but will lower top end.
Recommended for stock applications
Specs for Solas Concord Impeller - 13/22 Degree - YSCD1322
Cross reference number(s):