Taking the time to go through the entire sled piece by piece and replacing all the worn components.
All I wanted to do was fix the speedometer and get the suspension rebuilt. Once I pulled the suspension out I noticed all the OEM bushings where worn and dry. I took the time to replace all the bushings and add grease fitting to all the pivot points on the skid (beaver tail).
When I had everything out, some of the pieces where rusty and I had them all powdercoated Illusion Metallic Red. I also vinyl wrapped speed deflector pearl white.
The snow flap heat exchanger was worn and I TIG welded the wear marks.
I had the suspension rebuilt by North Star Performance in Conway, NH and I replaced the fuel filters and float because the gas gauge was a half a tank off!
While I was there, I did a compression test and the cylinders were low (I am pretty sure my gauge was bad), so I put pistons and rings in it too!
I wanted to put a muffler on it but didn’t want to upset the neighbors, so I opted to remove the Pro R silencer and put an RMK muffler on it. The RMK muffler is lighter and smaller and has a better sound to it while still being OEM.