Shoei Multitec Helmet
- Part #: 3301975XS
- Manufacturer Part #: MULTITEC
Overview of Shoei Multitec Helmet
- DOT certified
- Designed for the rider looking for the protection of a full-face helmet but the convenience of an open face style
- Sculpted aerodynamic shell design minimizes wind noise and drag
- Shell constructed from lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+) -- high-performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultralightweight, rigid and resilient
- Flip-up chin bar and face shield
- Flip-up chin bar makes communicating with helmet on easier
- Single-button release allows flip-up chin bar/face shield to be opened with one hand, while the central locking mechanism can be operated with either hand
- Adjustable flow-through ventilation
- Upper "Air-Scoop" maximizes air intake while the lower vent provides airflow that helps to diminish shield fogging
- Neck outlet vent allows for effective air exhaust
- 3-D interior liner reduces wind noise and provides a comfortable fit
- Cheek pads and padded D-ring chin-strap cover can be easily removed for cleaning
- Quick Release Base Plate (Q.R.B.P.) allows tool-less shield removal
- Three-dimensionally curved shield offers increased peripheral vision and optical clarity, a scratch-resistant coating and provides 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Comes with clear face shield
Specs for Shoei Multitec Helmet
Reviews for Shoei Multitec Helmet
Multitec Thumbs Up
Compared to an HJC Symax, the Multitec is an excellent upgrade & is worth the price. The Multitec is quiet & comfortable. The chin bar latches solidly & the lens pops down to its closed position with a solid, quality but gentile 'thud'. The lens optics are much clearer than the Symax. Wind buffeting w/the Multitec is approx the same as it was w/the Symax. The quality of the Multitec is much better than the Symax & is worth the price premium IMO. Having worn XXL HJC's for many years, the XL Multitec fits exceptioanlly well. Great helmet, I highly recommend it!I would recommend this item to a friend.
Great Helmet, Worth the money
You know the saying, If you have a cheap head, buy a cheap helmet. This isn't cheap but well worth it. Comfort is excellent, the material inside is very good quality. Functions such as the flip up are well designed. The latches are metal, not plastic. I like the top vent, easy to find with gloves on. The front or nose vent puts air movement right where you'd want it. I've had other helmets where it hasn't been as noticeable, but this is nice. The bottom of the visor still fogs if under 60 degrees. I have defogger on it too. I'd say it's a very quiet helmet as far as wind noise and engine noise. (I ride with a small windshield on my VTX) Still get some rattle, but quietest modular I've tried. I wish I would have bought this helmet 3 helmets ago.I would recommend this item to a friend.
Shoei Multitec Helmet - Safety Rating - DOT vs ECE
The helmet fits good and the quality is top-notch. But, that does come at a high price. Concur with a previous reviewer - this helmet does have a lot of wind noise. My main gripe is that the safety rating is only DOT! I'm in the military and I'm stationed in Europe --- where the U.S. military policy is you MUST HAVE a helmet with a "minimum" of the ECE 22.05 safety rating. The local motorcycle shops carry the same Shoei Multitec Helmet. I've looked extremely close and I can't see anything different --- other than my U.S. Shoei helmet says "DOT" and the local economy Shoei helmet says "ECE 22.05." Purely an economic policy for Shoei and the U.S. military.I would recommend this item to a friend.
I've had this helmet for about 2 1/2 years. Very comfortable and I really like the modular aspect. The only comment is the wind noise is more than I expected due to the air flow around the modular face section.I would recommend this item to a friend.
Best quality and fitting
I have been using this helmet since past one month and it is really and excellent product. Sound is reduced to a minimum as is wind noise. Visibility is very good with the face shield. I have a clear windshield. Helmet comes with a nice fabric carry bag and has excellent neck and chin protection also. It has slots for ventilation inside the helmet on the top and in the chin guard.I would recommend this item to a friend.