Overview of Saddlemen Rigid-Mount Specific-Fit Quick-Disconnect Drifter Saddlebags - 5158P
Note: This is a rigid type saddlebag. The backside of this bag is a molded plastic that has two mounting holes to secure it to a fender rail. The holes are 4-1/4 in. on center.
NOTE: Made specifically to fit the M50
(2) Saddlebag supports
(4) Studs 8mmx1.25x80mm
(4) 8mm Docking posts
(4) 8mm Lock nuts
(4) 8mm Flat washers
(4) 1/4-Turn bag locks
(2) Padlocks w/keys
(2) Keys for Q.R. buckles
Cross reference number(s):35010269
Specs for Saddlemen Rigid-Mount Specific-Fit Quick-Disconnect Drifter Saddlebags - 5158P
|Depth||7 1/2 in.|
|Type||Saddlebag - Specific Fit|
|Width||17 1/2 in.|
Fitment for Saddlemen Rigid-Mount Specific-Fit Quick-Disconnect Drifter Saddlebags - 5158PSee if this part fits your ride
Part 506615 fits the following machines
- 2006 Suzuki M50B Boulevard
- 2005 Suzuki M50B Boulevard
- 2005 Suzuki VZ1600 Boulevard M95
- 2009 Suzuki VZ800 Boulevard M50
- 2008 Suzuki VZ800 Boulevard M50
- 2007 Suzuki VZ800 Boulevard M50
- 2006 Suzuki VZ800 Boulevard M50
- 2005 Suzuki VZ800 Boulevard M50
- 2009 Suzuki VZ800Z Boulevard M50Z Limited
- 2008 Suzuki VZ800Z Boulevard M50Z Limited
- 2007 Suzuki VZ800Z Boulevard M50Z Limited
I do have only two minor issues/complaints:
1) I would hope that the Saddlemen Co. would include a diagram or two in with the written instructions, which would probably help others, immensely.
2) The metal clip on the back of one of the bags, which attaches to the support bracket had a little to wide of tolerance/Gap. A little bend, and it fits snugly on the bracket now.
Someone mentioned in one of the reviews that I read, that the locks were inferior, to which I would agree.
Other than that, they're pretty darn nice!
So, if you're looking for a quality bag with removable potential, easy access, a specific fit, and easy installation, this might just be the saddlebag your looking for.
I know I was!
These may be more $$ than other brands, but worth it due to the inclusion of the mounting brackets. If you've never had bags on your machine, you will notice slight wind turbulance at highway speed, but quickly get use to this.
These will cover the side (stock) reflectors and helmet lock and not big enough to store a full or 1/2 face helmet.
These do not interfere with pass. foot pegs or pass. comfort, and were fairly easy to install despite the vague instructions (easier to install by trial and error than reading inst.) and took about 40 mins. Be sure to have your lock tight for threads on hand before install to save added time and re-assembly.
These definetly enhance the looks of my bike and recommend if going for more conservative look (not a fan of the studded look).