Overview of Saddlemen Rigid-Mount Specific-Fit Quick-Disconnect Drifter Saddlebags - 3501-0399
(2) Saddlebag supports
(2) M8x70mm Studs
(2) M8x80mm Studs
(4) 8mm Docking posts
(4) 8mm Lock nuts
(4) Chrome spacers
(4) 1/4-turn bag locks
(2) Pad-locks w/keys
(2) Keys for quick-release buckles
Cross reference number(s):35010399
Specs for Saddlemen Rigid-Mount Specific-Fit Quick-Disconnect Drifter Saddlebags - 3501-0399
|Type||Saddlebag - Specific Fit|
Fitment for Saddlemen Rigid-Mount Specific-Fit Quick-Disconnect Drifter Saddlebags - 3501-0399See if this part fits your ride
Part 507099 fits the following machines
- 2008 Kawasaki VN1600A Vulcan Classic
- 2007 Kawasaki VN1600A Vulcan Classic
- 2006 Kawasaki VN1600A Vulcan Classic
- 2005 Kawasaki VN1600A Vulcan Classic
- 2004 Kawasaki VN1600A Vulcan Classic
- 2003 Kawasaki VN1600A Vulcan Classic
I do have only two minor issues/complaints:
1) I would hope that the Saddlemen Co. would include a diagram or two in with the written instructions, which would probably help others, immensely.
2) The metal clip on the back of one of the bags, which attaches to the support bracket had a little to wide of tolerance/Gap. A little bend, and it fits snugly on the bracket now.
Someone mentioned in one of the reviews that I read, that the locks were inferior, to which I would agree.
Other than that, they're pretty darn nice!
So, if you're looking for a quality bag with removable potential, easy access, a specific fit, and easy installation, this might just be the saddlebag your looking for.
I know I was!
These may be more $$ than other brands, but worth it due to the inclusion of the mounting brackets. If you've never had bags on your machine, you will notice slight wind turbulance at highway speed, but quickly get use to this.
These will cover the side (stock) reflectors and helmet lock and not big enough to store a full or 1/2 face helmet.
These do not interfere with pass. foot pegs or pass. comfort, and were fairly easy to install despite the vague instructions (easier to install by trial and error than reading inst.) and took about 40 mins. Be sure to have your lock tight for threads on hand before install to save added time and re-assembly.
These definetly enhance the looks of my bike and recommend if going for more conservative look (not a fan of the studded look).