- No fuel system or ignition systems included
- Special head machining fits stock length intake manifolds (S&S manifold size 410)
- Stock style breathing system; compatible with stock and most performance air cleaners
- Same quality components with hot-rod performance as the complete T-Series engines
- New S&S cylinders look more like stock cylinders
- Includes Super Stock heads, crankcases, high flow oil pump, cam cover and easy start cams
- Available in black
- Displacement: 124"
- Bore: 4 1/8"
- Stroke: 4 5/8"
- 640 Cam
- Piston Type: Forged Flat top
- Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
NOTE: OIL LINE INSTALLATION KIT PART NO. 149987 IS REQUIRED FOR FLT 99-05
NOTE: OIL LINE INSTALLATION KIT PART NO. 140245 IS REQUIRED FOR DYNA 95-05
Cylinder heads on T-Series long block engines are 99-05 style. Owners of 06 models will need to purchase a set of 99-05 style, offset intake flanges such as S&S brand Part No. 173337.
Cylinder heads on these engines are specially machined to compensate for the non-stock cylinder length. As a result, they are compatible with manifolds and throttle bodies with stock length intake runners. In addition, the breather vent bolt locations have been adjusted so they are in the stock location, so stock style air cleaner back plates will bolt up to these engines.
99-01 EFI engines equipped with Magneti Marelli® fuel injection will require a performance tuning module such as the DynoJet® Power Commander® 3 or S&S
VFI module. The stock dual-bore EFI throttle body is not adequate for T124 engines. The S&S 58mm EFI single bore throttle body is highly recommended to achieve maximum performance.
02-06 EFI engines equipped with Delphi® fuel injection will require a performance tuner such as the DynoJet Power Vision® tuner, Harley-Davidson® Race Tuner or S&S VFI module. The stock single bore throttle body can not supply adequate air for these large displacement engines. An S&S 58mm throttle body is highly recommended for maximum performance.
Carbureted engines will require a performance ignition module that allows adjustment to the advance curves. The stock ignition module is not adjustable, and use of the stock module will likely result in engine damage due to knock from incorrect ignition timing.
The Air Resources Board (ARB) does not permit the use of aftermarket emission-related parts that alter the air/fuel ratio of an emission-controlled vehicle. Due to these legal restrictions this part cannot be shipped to California.