Overview of S&S Cycle 585G Gear Drive Cam w/Inner Gears Only - 33-5168
- Camshaft gear drive kits increase valve timing accuracy by eliminating timing chain lash and loosely-fit stock chain drive
- Reverses the rear cam's direction of rotation, providing additional operating clearance between cam lobes; as a result, higher cam lifts are possible with the gear drive kit
- Kits include cams, inner gears, outer drive gears, inner and outer bearings, gasket and instructions
- Material must be removed from the inner surface of the stock gear cover to install S&S gear drive cams
- A hydraulic press and other professional-level tools are required to install these kits
- S&S recommends that adjustable pushrod/cover kit PART NO. 14-9988 be used
- Cam bearings and gaskets must be replaced when installing new cams
- Cams are also available with inner gears only; intended for cam replacement for motors that have already been converted to an S&S gear-drive system
- 585G gear drive cams are for 88/96/103/110 cubic-inch engines with compression ratios from 10:1 to 10.5:1
- Strongest from 3,500-6,000 rpm
- 99-04 models require high-lift springs
- Made in the U.S.A.
Duration @ .053": 245°
Valve Lift: .585"
Duration @ .053": 260°
Valve Lift: .585"
NOTE: Kits require high-performance valve springs when installed in 99-04 models.
NOTE: Installer must check coil bind, valve-to-valve clearance and valve-to-piston clearance
NOTE: Due to the inherent characteristics of gear drives, you may experience more valve train noise
NOTE: For use with stock oil pump
(1) Front cam with inner gears
(1) Rear cam with inner gears
(1) Tube of Loctite® 243™ Thread locker
(1) Tube of Loctite® 262™ Thread locker
The Air Resources Board (ARB) does not permit the use of aftermarket emission-related parts that alter the air/fuel ratio of an emission-controlled vehicle. Due to these legal restrictions this part cannot be shipped to California.
Specs for S&S Cycle 585G Gear Drive Cam w/Inner Gears Only - 33-5168
Cross reference number(s):