Overview of S&S Cycle 583C Chain Drive Cam Kit - 330-0106
- Camshaft gear drive kits increase valve timing accuracy by eliminating timing chain lash and loosely fit stock chain drive
- Reverses the rear cam's direction of rotation, providing additional operating clearance between cam lobes; as a result, higher cam lifts are possible with the gear drive kit
- Kits include cams, inner gears, outer drive gears, inner and outer bearings, gasket and instructions
- Material must be removed from the inner surface of the stock gear cover to install S&S gear drive cams
- A hydraulic press and other professional-level tools are required to install these kits
- S&S recommends that adjustable pushrod/cover kit PART #14-9988 can be used
- Cam bearings and gaskets must be replaced when installing new cams
- Cams are also available with inner gears only; intended for cam replacement for motors that have already been converted to an S&S gear-drive system
- Great overall cam for Softail and Dyna
- Provides strong low-end torque and horsepower
- Strongest from 1500-5000 rpm
- Made in the U.S.A.
NOTE: Kits require high-performance valve springs (except 509G and 510G) when installed in 99-04 models.
NOTE: Installer must check coil bind, valve-to-valve clearance and valve-to-piston clearance.
NOTE: Due to the inherent characteristics of gear drives, you may experience more valve train noise
(1) Front chain drive
(1) Rear chain drive
(1) 0.017 fl. oz. Locktite 243
(1) .02 fl. oz. Locktite 262
(2) 26 x 32 x 13 Bearing
(1) Cam shaft gasket
(1) Snap ring
The Air Resources Board (ARB) does not permit the use of aftermarket emission-related parts that alter the air/fuel ratio of an emission-controlled vehicle. Due to these legal restrictions this part cannot be shipped to California.
Specs for S&S Cycle 583C Chain Drive Cam Kit - 330-0106
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s):