Overview of S&S Cycle 510G Gear Drive Camshaft Kit - 33-5177
- Gear drive camshaft kits increase valve timing accuracy in Twin Cam engines 99-06 (except 06 Dyna models) by eliminating timing chain lash and loosely-fit stock cam gears
- Kits reverse the rear cam's direction of rotation and provide additional operating clearance between cam lobes; the result is that higher cam lifts are possible with the gear drive kit
- Kits include cams, inner gears, inner and outer bearings, outer drive gears, gasket and instructions
- Cams without any gears are also available - 14-8888
- To install S&S gear drive cams, material must be removed from the inner surface of the stock gear cover
- Cam bearings and gaskets must be replaced when installing new cams
- Also, a hydraulic press and other professional-level tools are required to install these kits
- S&S recommends that adjustable pushrod/cover kit 14-9988 be used
- Made in the U.S.A.
- For Cams only order 14-8888
- Kits require the use of adjustable pushrods and high-performance valve springs.
- Installer must check coil bind, valve-to-valve clearance and valve-to-piston clearance.
- Due to the inherent characteristics of gear drives, you may experience more valve train noise.
S&S 510G GRIND CAMS
- For 88-95 cubic-inch engines
- Compression ratios below 10:1
Open: 20 degree
Close: 38 degree
Duration @ .053": 238 degree
Valve Lift: .510
Open: 52 degree
Close: 20 deree
Duration @ .053": 252 degree
Valve Lift: .510
1. (2) Cam shafts
2. (1) Pinion gear
3. (1) Outer cam gear
4. (1) Bearing retainer
5. (1) Cam cover gasket
6. (2) Outer cam bearings
7. (2) Inner cam bearings
8. (1) 5/16"-18 X 3/4" flange head bolt
9. (1) Retaining ring
10. (1) Tube 243 loctite
11. (1) Tube 262 loctite
The Air Resources Board (ARB) does not permit the use of aftermarket emission-related parts that alter the air/fuel ratio of an emission-controlled vehicle. Due to these legal restrictions this part cannot be shipped to California.
Specs for S&S Cycle 510G Gear Drive Camshaft Kit - 33-5177
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s):