Overview of Parts Unlimited OEM-Type Piston Assembly - 62.75mm Bore - 09-7064
- Dennis Kirk has high-quality, OEM-type piston assemblies to fit most popular snowmobiles
- These pistons more closely match the original equipment in ring design, construction and weight than our other aftermarket pistons
- Its not necessary to replace both pistons in a twin-cylinder engine if you need only one
- All piston assemblies include rings(s), wrist pin and circlips
- This is a .030 in. overbore for the following models:
Polaris TX 340 75-80
Polaris TXC 340 79-80
Polaris TX 500 74-75
- For all other models this is a .040 in. overbore
Replacement Ring Set: 13451R
Replacement Wrist Pin: 14439
Replacement Circlips: 14416
NOTE: Dennis Kirk recommends the following preliminary work to be performed by a qualified mechanic prior to installing new pistons. If the old piston has failed, determine the cause and remedy the problem before replacing. Air leaks and/or a lean fuel mixture are the two biggest causes of burned pistons. In cases where any part of the old piston is broken or burned through, the crankcase should be disassembled and thoroughly flushed of any debris.
NOTE: The ring included with this piston has a chrome surface, and is intended only for TX and TX-C models that have been sleeved with cast iron liners; as well as the TX-L, TX-L Indy and Indy cross-country models which had cast iron cylinder sleeves as original equipment. If your cylinders have been Nikasil plated, they are ok; but not if they have been chrome plated.
Our pistons, rings and kits are sold by application and bore size. Please note that STANDARD and OVERSIZES are not indicated. To get the correct part, you must know the standard bore size to make sure you are ordering either the standard or correct amount of oversize that you need. If you have any questions, please call Technical Service.
Specs for Parts Unlimited OEM-Type Piston Assembly - 62.75mm Bore - 09-7064
||Piston w/Ring Set
Cross reference number(s):