- What it is:
Love Jugs are the world’s leading forced air cooling system for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles.
- What they do:
Love Jugs consists of two very powerful fans directing high velocity air streams at the source of the heat producing area of the Harley engine.
- Why you need it:
Air-cooled engines depend on airflow to cool the engine, when stopped or when moving slowly, there is no, or not adequate, airflow that is required for cooling the engine, thereby causing the engine to rapidly overheat. Love Jugs are perfectly engineered to solve this problem.
- List of benefits:
The benefits are numerous, dramatically lower engine temperature, cooler oil temperature along with higher oil pressure. Prolonged engine life, along with better performance, increased rider and passenger comfort. Ability to ride comfortably on hot summer days. In short, because the motorcycle engine runs cooler, ALL heat related problems are lessened or eliminated.
- What they’re made of:
All parts are custom made to our order. The one piece Stainless Steel construction of the main frame and fan enclosures are guaranteed for five years. Two custom made proprietary high velocity fans supply very powerful air streams. All parts and workmanship is the highest quality. Love Jugs are rated for 20,000 hours of use under normal conditions. Love Jugs are completely waterproof.
- What else you need to go with it:
Everything required for installation on all Harley Davidson's with a side mounted horn is included with every Love Jugs package. Optional Frame mounting kits are available for many Harley models. The Frame mount kits provide the most secure and best possible mounting positioning, and most importantly, remove the cooling system and horn from the engine and mounts it to the bike's frame. These useful options do for excessive vibration what Love Jugs do for excessive heat - they solve the problem.
- What they fit:
Love Jugs fit 98% of all Harley Davidson's. If your Harley has a left side mounted horn, Love Jugs will bolt on to your bike in 15 - 45 minutes depending on the desired installation method. For 2014- H-D Touring models, order an 8-pin power adapter, Dennis Kirk PART NO. 49-02693 for plug-n-play installation.
The most important detail for maximum performance and longevity of your Love Jugs is how you install them on your bike. Currently, there are four installation options. They are listed in order of desirability, with option# 4 being the most desirable.
- STANDARD ENGINE MOUNT: Mount your Love Jugs to the engine via the Harley horn mounting bracket with the supplied thick vibration damper.
Pros ….. Everything for a horn mount installation is included in our box. The average installation time is about half an hour.
Cons ….. Your Love Jugs and horn assembly are mounted to your engine via the Harley horn mounting bracket. This will vibrate the most of the four available installation options.
- Optional VIBRATION MASTER (Part No. 27-5035/VM-1).The Vibration Master is the most desirable option if your bike will not accept our Frame Mount Kit. The V-M is an attractive and Heavy Duty method of mounting your Love Jugs to your engine via the Harley horn mounting bracket. It’s a real work horse. Two heavy duty vibration dampers encased in a highly polished Stainless Steel enclosure, replace the stock Harley vibration damper. The V-M is guaranteed against any type of failure for 5 years.
Pros ….. A very secure and attractive mounting method that is superior to mounting your Love Jugs directly to the Harley horn mounting bracket. The V-M positions your Love Jugs perfectly for maximum cooling effectiveness. Installation time is about 5 minutes. Will still look perfect 10 years from now due to the Stainless Steel construction of the Vibration Master.
Cons….. Love Jugs are mounted directly to the engine. As reported by our customers there is a significant reduction of vibration to the Love Jugs on most models, but it is not as effective on some bikes. Why is that? Many factors that are unique to each bike determine the vibration reduction effectiveness of the V-M such as, wear on tie rods and motor mounts, work done to engines, the many different engine types, type of frames, idling RPM’s etc all effect engine vibration.
- Optional FRAME MOUNT KIT (Part No. 27-5036/FMK-1 for air-cooled and 27-5034/WCFMK-1 for liquid-cooled 2014-16 Touring models).The Frame Mount Kit re-locates the Love Jugs and Harley horn assembly from the engine, and mounts it to your frame where the vibration is significantly less. The installation of the FMK along with the Love Jugs will take you about one hour to complete. This will undoubtedly be the best hour you will ever spend working on your Harley. The results will make you happy for years to come and your engine will be protected from all the bad and destructive consequences that happen from an overheated engine.
Pros…… Just about eliminates all the vibration transmitted to the Love Jugs. You, your bike, and your engine will run stronger and last longer. If your bike is a candidate for the FMK, by all means add it to your Love Jugs purchase, this is the most important option you can invest in. Guaranteed against any type of failure for 5 years.
Cons….. Frame Mount Kit Part No. 27-5036 for air-cooled models does not fit all Harleys. See HOW TO DETERMINE IF PART NO. 27-5036 FRAME MOUNT KIT WILL WORK ON YOUR BIKE Under our Part No. 27-5036 to find out if your bike is FMK friendly. For liquid-cooled 2014-16 Touring models, see Part No. 27-5034.
- Optional COMBO MOUNTING.The ultimate Love jugs installation is a combination one of the above FMK (Frame Mount Kits) and the VM (Vibration Master). By combining the two installation products, you will experience the best performing and longest lasting cooling system that money can buy. Your rides are about to become so much more comfortable. Get ready to be amazed!
Pros…… Virtually vibration free environment for all Love Jugs Cooling Systems. Super secure installation.
Cons….. Does not fit all Harley Models.
(1) Gloss black cooling assembly with (2) Fans and wiring harness
(1) Stainless steel bracket
(1) Chrome name plate bracket
(1) Rubber vibration mount with (2) 5/16"-18 x 1/2" Studs
(3) Cable ties
(1) In-Line fuse connector box
(1) 15 AMP fuse
(1) Red ring terminal
(1) Black ring terminal
(2) 1/4"-20 x 3/4" hex head bolts
(2) 1/4" Flat washers