Kuryakyn V-120C Chrome Hornet Deer Alert - 4043
- Part #: 406980
- Manufacturer Part #: 4043
- MSRP Price: $84.99
- Our Price: $72.88
Overview of Kuryakyn V-120C Chrome Hornet Deer Alert - 4043
- Deer are the number one animal causing human deaths in this country!
- Old style whistles proved to be a marginally effective defense in preventing dangerous collisions with deer, but relied on vehicle speed and being kept free of debris for consistent operation
- The effective range of this type of alert was also limited
- The Hornet system is far more effective because of its electronic operation
- Regardless of speed, it produces a sound pressure of 120 Db, and under most circumstances is very resistant to contamination. (Regular inspection and cleaning is recommended however.)
- As with any accessory, its performance is only as good as its installation
- Proper placement is essential for maximum performance
- Detailed instructions make for an easy and effective installation
- There is no substitute for driver awareness, but the Hornet is the best defense against a deer collision available to date
- The Hornet includes various universal mounting brackets, basic hardware and a switch
- A separate motorcycle wiring kit is available (order 21-1232) and includes a harness and switch specifically designed for use on a motorcycle; while not required, it will make the installation much neater
- Universal fit on 12-volt motorcycles
- For 7/8 in. - 1 in. Chrome order Part No. 50-5388
- For 1 1/8 in. Chrome order Part No. H50-836
- For 1 1/8 in. Black order Part No. H50-835
- For 1 1/2 in. - 1 5/8 in. Chrome order Part No. 50-5387
- For 1 3/8 in. - 1 1/2 in. Chrome order Part No. 50-5389
- For 39/41mm Chrome order Part No. 27-1025
Does not include the mounting P-Clamp, for P-Clamp order one of the following:
Specs for Kuryakyn V-120C Chrome Hornet Deer Alert - 4043
Reviews for Kuryakyn V-120C Chrome Hornet Deer Alert - 4043
I would recommend this item to a friend.
If you ride country roads, this is a must
This is the third unit I've bought. I have one on each of my bikes and wouldn't ride without it. I live in the country, and I've seen this work with deer, rabbits and squirrels. They just run the other way. Make sure placement is good and you have to buy the correct type of clamp you want to use to mount it. I used a different type of switch for on/off, but the factory switch works fine.I would recommend this item to a friend.
Was this review helpful to you?