Kuryakyn V-120 Black Hornet Deer Alert - 4042
- Part #: 406979
- Manufacturer Part #: 4042
- MSRP Price: $79.99
- Our Price: $63.88
Overview of Kuryakyn V-120 Black Hornet Deer Alert - 4042
- Deer are the number one animal causing human deaths in this country!
- Old style whistles proved to be a marginally effective defense in preventing dangerous collisions with deer, but relied on vehicle speed and being kept free of debris for consistent operation
- The effective range of this type of alert was also limited
- The Hornet system is far more effective because of its electronic operation
- Regardless of speed, it produces a sound pressure of 120 Db, and under most circumstances is very resistant to contamination. (Regular inspection and cleaning is recommended however.)
- As with any accessory, its performance is only as good as its installation
- Proper placement is essential for maximum performance
- Detailed instructions make for an easy and effective installation
- There is no substitute for driver awareness, but the Hornet is the best defense against a deer collision available to date
- The Hornet includes various universal mounting brackets, basic hardware and a switch
- Universal fit on 12-volt motorcycles
- For 7/8 in. - 1 in. Chrome order Part No. 50-5388
- For 1 1/8 in. Chrome order Part No. H50-836
- For 1 1/8 in. Black order Part No. H50-835
- For 1 1/2 in. - 1 5/8 in. Chrome order Part No. 50-5387
- For 1 3/8 in. - 1 1/2 in. Chrome order Part No. 50-5389
- For 39/41mm Chrome order Part No. 27-1025
This does not include the mounting P-Clamp, for P-Clamp order one of the following:
Specs for Kuryakyn V-120 Black Hornet Deer Alert - 4042
Reviews for Kuryakyn V-120 Black Hornet Deer Alert - 4042
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Whats the buzz with Hornet!!
The V-120 Black Hornet Deer Alert was a device I had been considering for sometime. We have all heard about the 'Deer Whistles" and their associated snake oil effectiveness. Well this device is in a whole new class. Its not a Deer Whistle thats for certain. This electronic device is meant to ALERT those pesky critters of something coming. Its not meant to scare, give them a shock ,or send em packing. It lets them know, especially on those quiet metrics like the Goldwing, that you are coming. They are naturally alert and skittish, the sound that the Hornet makes is very effective and ear catching.. Can humans hear it? Heck yes, Deer and dogs, and those smaller animals that can ruin your motorcycling day. The Hornet give them a heads up and makes them stop, look and listen! Now you have a chance. Installation on my Gl1800 was a breeze. The device as supplied comes with all the wiring, Brackets and extensiosn you could need. I selected the perfect site under the front fairing on the right. Attached the supplied bracket with double sided tape, I drilled two tiny holes and "pop riveted" the bracket onto the bike, backing up the rivets with rivet washers to stop splitting, and break out. With the real estate settled I wired the device to the Aux power output under the left pocket, with the optional wiring kit for a motorcycle, this is a must I think, I was glad that I sprung the extra cash. Truly they could package this extra in the box and have two versions. The Supplied switch is like an underdash mount for a car, not suitable for a motocycle. Anyway, that meant, No matter what; I could switch it off with the new switch. or by the ignition. This new swicth was fastened to the inside of the left pocket with the supplied double sided tape. I felt that this protected from the weather, and would certainly save my battery should I have forgotten to kill it when parking up. Not that forgetting would be easy. You CAN hear it and the effect when mounted is pronounced. It reflects the sound from hard surfaces and the density of the surfaces changes the pitch of the device. It gets your attention. To some riders this may be annoying. When road testing the device, I could hear it! I could hear it over the engine/road noise, if I had music on, the sound was buried in the tune, but you know its there. Its strange in corners, walls, trees barriers etc seem to change the sound. Its easy to think that the device is shifting the tone, its not, its the surroundings. In town I DO turn it off hence the motorcycle wiring kit. Saves driving the Little pet doggies nuts! My own dogs now know I am home before I even turn into the drive, our house is three hundred feet from the road! I believe that these ARE a very effective Alert, providing you dont expect the deer and other critters to drop down to their knees. For my part, and in the months of fall and spring, I will take whatever advantage I can get. The Hornet is just one of them. With NO Deer stikes or closeups to date... Does Hornet get the credit, well thats an unknown right now, but what of the price to pay to widen that margin of safety even if only by that extra braking distance.. You have everthing to gain from the alert, but more to lose with that Deer encounter when they appear like phantoms out of no place you had just identified! Get one, fit one and add it to your bikes safety arsenal.I would recommend this item to a friend.
Don't Cont The Deers
I had the older model that looks about the same. I have not seen any deers yet with this one. On the previous model the deer would look up and then run. All the parts you would ever need for installation . Some others definitely do not work as well.. Best price is here.I would recommend this item to a friend.
It should help with the Deer
Not a bad install. Didn't find the bat handle toggle switch to be very good and replaced with another switch. My near deaf Springer Spaniel heard this when I turned it on and stopped him in his tracks. I can't hear it unless coming to a stop. On the road it is just gone. Hope the Deer hate to hear it like my deaf dog did!!I would recommend this item to a friend.