Overview of KB Performance Piston Kit - 3.498 in. Bore/9:1 Ratio - KB272.000
- Originally designed by Keith Black, these pistons provide a tighter fit and longer piston and ring life
- Made from high-strength T6 heat-treated, 390 hypereutectic alloy, then diamond-machined and held to plus or minus one gram weight and less than one-half-thousandth-inch (.0005") tolerances from piston to piston
- Each kit contains two pistons, pins, spiro-lock pin clips and Hastings moly rings
- Replacement rings also available separately Part no. H1310R (enough for two pistons)
- Replacement spiro-lock pin clips Part no. 148980 (4pk)
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Fits XL 883 to 1200 conv. 88 and up (reverse dome) 9.0:1 comp
3.498 in./Standard - Part No. H13203
3.503/+ .005 in. - Part No. H13225
3.508/+ .010 in. - Part No. H13224
NOTE: KB pistons can be installed tighter than other pistons. This results in less piston rock and better ring seal. Please read instructions furnished with piston for correct piston clearance
NOTE: Due to the thermal conductivity and design of KB pistons, special attention is required to the top ring end gap. Please read instructions furnished with piston for correct ring installation
Our pistons, rings and kits are sold by application and bore size. Please note that STANDARD and OVERSIZES are not indicated. To get the correct part, you must know the standard bore size to make sure you are ordering either the standard or correct amount of oversize that you need. If you have any questions, please call Technical Service.
Specs for KB Performance Piston Kit - 3.498 in. Bore/9:1 Ratio - KB272.000
Cross reference number(s):