Overview of KB Performance Piston Kit - KB294-STD
- 88 in. Big Bore Big Twin (3.625 in. bore/4.250 in. stroke) 48-84
- Originally designed by Keith Black, these pistons provide a tighter fit and longer piston and ring life
- Made from high-strength T6 heat-treated, 390 hypereutectic alloy, then diamond-machined and held to plus or minus one gram weight and less than one-half-thousandth-inch (.0005 in.) tolerances from piston to piston
- Each kit contains two pistons, pins, spiro-lock pin clips and Hastings moly rings
- Replacement rings also available separately Part no. H1319R (enough for one piston)
- Replacement spiro-lock pin clips Part no. 148980 (4pk)
- Made in the U.S.A.
KB pistons can be installed tighter than other pistons. This results in less piston rock and better ring seal. Please read instructions furnished with piston for correct piston clearance.
Due to the thermal conductivity and design of KB pistons, special attention is required to the top ring end gap. Please read instructions furnished with piston for correct ring installation.
This fits all 88 in. Big Bore Big Twin models 1948-84
Our pistons, rings and kits are sold by application and bore size. Please note that STANDARD and OVERSIZES are not indicated. To get the correct part, you must know the standard bore size to make sure you are ordering either the standard or correct amount of oversize that you need. If you have any questions, please call Technical Service.
Specs for KB Performance Piston Kit - KB294-STD
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s):