Overview of JIMS Powerglide Steady Roll Tappet .8425" O.D. - 1827
- It is no secret that high performance V-Twin engines require more valve lift than stock designs. The load is substantially increased on the tappet rollers, which can lead to tappet roller failure.
- Broken needle rollers allow the tappet roller to deform, causing cam lobe damage.
- Pieces of the hard rollers, as well as debris from the cam can easily contaminate other parts, such as cam plates, bearings, oil pump, and other tappets. Ultimately, a complete engine tear down and oil system flush are required in the event of tappet roller breakage
- To remedy this, JIMS has replaced the needle rollers with a special bronze alloy bushing and attached the new roller assembly to JIMS proven Powerglide tappets
- An added bonus to increased reliability and longer life is quieter operation due to the tighter tolerances this design allows
- Hydraulic unit fitment tolerance within .00015".
- Note: The new JIMS tappet roller will eliminate the problem of needle rollers and pieces damaging the engine
- This failsafe design means even if the bushing wears out, it will be retained in the tappet assembly
(1) Powerglide tappet
Specs for JIMS Powerglide Steady Roll Tappet .8425" O.D. - 1827
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s):