Overview of JIMS Cylinder Hold Down Nuts - 5809
Use on the new Milwaukee Eight™ series engine and Twin Cam
- Cylinder hold down nuts are an effective way to keep the cylinders in place when the heads are removed from the engine.
- This is particularly useful when installing the second cylinder over the piston and rings after the first cylinder has been installed.
- It is also advantageous to have the cylinders secured when rotating the crankshaft for other work.
- In any case, even a slight rocking of the cylinder can damage the base gasket or cause a cylinder to lift entirely off the cases.
- These new JIMS Hold Down Nuts have different threads at each end.
- One end fit Twin Cam® models, while the other end works with Milwaukee Eight™ engines.
(1) Cylinder hold down tool
Specs for JIMS Cylinder Hold Down Nuts - 5809
||Cylinder Hold Down Nuts
Cross reference number(s):