Overview of Icon Rubatone Black Airframe Pro Rubatone Helmet - 0101-8038
ANGLE OF ATTACK
The modern riding position - higher rear sets, lower clip-ons - has dramatically altered how a rider interacts with the modern hypersport motorcycle. Compressed into an ever more compact shape, the rider's head positioning requires increased angle to maintain visibility and stability. With this in mind, ICON® designed the AIRFRAME PROTM.
Concentrating on this singular design focus allowed us to realize opportunities to decrease drag and weight by sculpting the traditional neckline to avoid jacket or suit interference. Its aggressive geometry increases the line of sight while improving aerodynamic attitude in a fully-tucked riding posture.
The dramatically reduced shell profile, comprised of aerospace-grade carbon fiber or FRP, features a trackrecognized ECE certification. Precision assembly techniques further this dedication to mass reduction, allowing ICON® to craft a helmet that is exceptionally light and peerlessly outfitted.
Internally, the traditional three-piece liner has been upgraded to a five-piece liner, providing a greater amount of fitment combinations for each unique head shape. Crown, lateral, fore and aft padding components allow for a possibility of 27 fitment combinations in a single shell, double that of the AIRFRAME PRO's competitors.
Both internally and externally, the ICON® AIRFRAME PRO is optimized for the Angle of Attack.
For black tie affairs on two wheels, the Airframe Pro RubatoneTM brings the wine and the cheese. This distinct pairing of a matte black rubberized finish on the AFP's Angle of Attack silhouette will be the life of the party.
AIRFRAME PRO™ FEATURES
- World Standard, Meets DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE), SAI AS1698:2006 (AUSTRALIA) & PSC (JAPAN) Helmet Safety Standards. DOEs Not Ship With SAI Or PSC Certification Stickers Unless Purchased From An Authorized Dealer In That Country.
- Handcrafted Composite Shell
- Four Unique Shell Sizes For Minimized Mass And Drag
- Sculpted Neck Roll Reduces Jacket/Suit Interference
- Five-Piece Modular Liner With Moisture-Wicking Hydradry™
- Linear Ported Forehead Vents
- Low-Profile Vents Throughout The Shell
- Fog-Free Icon Optics™ Shield With Rapid-Release™ Release System
- Prolock™ Positive Shield Locking System
- Removable Breath Deflector And Chin Curtain
- Tracshield™ Shield With Tear-Off Posts Available; Sold Separately
- Medium helmet weighs 3 lb 7 oz
(1) Helmet bag
(1) Chin curtain
Specs for Icon Rubatone Black Airframe Pro Rubatone Helmet - 0101-8038
|Color - Primary
|Color - Shield
||DOT FMVSS 218
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s):