Its a matter of survival. In an unforgiving maze of gravel strewn corners and malevolent steel, a rider needs protection, vision and comfort. The call to arms has been answered. Introducing the ICON Variant™ helmet. The wind tunnel-refined shell, executed in a Fiberglass/Dyneema/Carbon matrix, forms a solid first line of defense. Internally, a dual-density EPS core provides critical Energy Management which reduces transmitted impact forces.
Of course safety is best maintained by avoiding the crash altogether. To this end, the Variant features a reshaped eyeport which provides enhanced peripheral vision. The Variants™ unique visor system also contributes to improved vision. When properly designed, such as on the Variant™, the visor can help block bright sunlight while producing minimal lift characteristics. Couple this with our Fog-Free coating and it is obvious why the vision aspects of the Variant™ are superior.
Another important method of increasing safety is to reduce rider fatigue. Excessive heat buildup can result in both discomfort and distraction. Neither is a good situation. The Variants™ extensive venting system works at all speeds, providing necessary airflow to the helmet interior. The airflow works in conjunction with the wicking Hydradry™ liner to effectively reduce heat buildup.
While its competitors are just repurposed MX shells, the Variant was completely designed to function as the ultimate crossover helmet. Features such as its 3D molded shield: unlike the drape-molded shield of many others, this one provides the utmost in optical clarity across its oversize eyeport. The visor, with integrated supervents, has been designed to block sunlight while reducing lift at speed. The Variant is available with either a Carbon Fiber or Construct shell. Accented with the RAIDEN livery, the Variant is the crowning glory of any ADV riders kit.
- World standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE), SAI AS1698 (AUSTRALIA) and PSC (JAPAN) SAFETY AND TESTING STANDARDS. DOES NOT SHIP WITH SAI OR PSC CERTIFICATION STICKERS UNLESS PURCHASED FROM AN AUTHORIZED DEALER IN THAT COUNTRY.
- Fiberglass/dyneema/carbon fiber shell
- Long oval headform
- Wind tunnel tested and refined
- Anti-lift visor to reduce glare
- Multiple oversized intake and exhaust ports
- Molded eps nose reduces shield fogging
- Quick-change fog-free shield
- Fully removable/washable hydradry™ interior
- Rear spoiler for reduced helmet
NOTE: Includes a clear shield. smoke shield shown for photo purposes only
(1) Helmet bag
(1) Smoke shield
(1) Chin curtain
(1) Plastic spray bottle
(1) Micro fiber cloth
Instructions and a manual