SaddlemenHC2900 Hard Case Trunk - 3516-0064
- Part #: 507640
- Manufacturer Part #: 3516-0064
- Our Price: $153.00
Overview of Saddlemen HC2900 Hard Case Trunk - 3516-0064
- Streamlined hard trunk looks great and cuts through the wind
- Solid and weatherproof featuring matte black polypropylene construction
- Universal mounting kit attaches to the existing luggage rack, while the quick-disconnect allows trunk to be removed from bike in seconds
- Features integrated lock with two keys, molded grip for easy transport off-bike and all necessary hardware
- HC1700 holds one full-face helmet and other needed gear; HC2900 holds two full-face helmets and other needed gear
- HC1700 overall outside dimensions: 15 in. L x 15 in. W x 10 in. H; measures 1,700 cubic inches
- HC2900 overall outside dimensions: 17 in. L x 23 in. W x 13 in. H; measures 2,900 cubic inches
(4) 6 x 30mm Allen bolts
(1) Instruction Sheet
(1) Mounting plate
(4) 6mm Nylock nuts
(2) Trunk lock keys
(4) Rack clips
|Color - Primary||Black|
Specs for Saddlemen HC2900 Hard Case Trunk - 3516-0064
|Color - Primary||Black|
Reviews for Saddlemen HC2900 Hard Case Trunk - 3516-0064
It is a good trunk for the price. Just as roomy as they described on the site. It came with all the hardware necessary to install it. The mounting board or platform was Cris-crossed with holes so that you would think that at least some of them would match up to the mounting plate. I am thinking that a solid board that can be drilled to fit your mounting plate may be a better way to go. As it was I had to drill two new holes anyway. It's not the aluminum top case I wanted, but it will work at a much better value. There is no quick-release.I would recommend this item to a friend.
Images for this Review:
Put trunk on for a weekend road trip & noticed a bit of rattling on the lid. Stopped to check & BOTH hinge pins had come out. Had to bungee until I could replace pins temporarily. Plenty of room for additional storage, if the lid stays on.....Decent case for price..I would recommend this item to a friend.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
The hinges could be better. There is a pin that goes 3/4 of the way thru the hinge and it fell out.I would recommend this item to a friend.
Bang for the Buck
This is a very good investment for the cost. It has more space than I imagined, is light and waterproof. Very easy to mount. The finish is kind of plain Jane. You might want to do some pin striping.I would recommend this item to a friend.
Nice but be Careful
The top swings way back towards your seat when you open it, so there's no way you can use a rack that has any kind of sissy bar or a seat with a built-in backrest and still open the top. I had to retuirn it for this reason (no problems). Otherwise it would have made a nice addition to my bike. Well built for the price.I would recommend this item to a friend.
Instructions and Media for Saddlemen HC2900 Hard Case Trunk - 3516-0064
|Instructions - PDF||Instructional PDF|