Overview of Cobra Slip-On w/Slash Cut Tip - 2173SC
(1) Front Muffler
(1) Rear Muffler
(2) #268-55 Clamps
NOTE: This part fits all 50-state 06-09 versions of this motorcycle plus the 04-05 California-only version
NOTE: Not all products are legal for sale or use on pollution controlled vehicles. Check your local laws and the manufacturers information
NOTE: There is no warranty on exhaust pipes and mufflers with regard to any discoloration. Discoloration (blueing) is the result of tuning characteristics, cam timing, carburetor jetting, overheating, etc., and is not caused by defective manufacturing. See the CHEMS/LUBES section in the back of this catalog for products that will help prevent or remove blueing.
NOTE: Installation of a new exhaust system may change your motorcycles fuel-air mixture requirements. Please consult the exhaust manufacturer directly with questions regarding any modifications that may need to be made during. or after, installing their product. If a jet kit or fuel processor is recommended, see the FUEL/INTAKE section
The Air Resources Board (ARB) does not permit the use of aftermarket emission-related parts that alter the air/fuel ratio of an emission-controlled vehicle. Due to these legal restrictions this part cannot be shipped to California.
Cross reference number(s):18100523
Specs for Cobra Slip-On w/Slash Cut Tip - 2173SC
|Color - Primary||Chrome|
Fitment for Cobra Slip-On w/Slash Cut Tip - 2173SCSee if this part fits your ride
Part 4400216 fits the following machines
- 2009 Yamaha XVS1100 V-Star Custom
- 2008 Yamaha XVS1100 V-Star Custom
- 2007 Yamaha XVS1100 V-Star Custom
- 2006 Yamaha XVS1100 V-Star Custom
- 2007 Yamaha XVS1100A V-Star Classic
- 2006 Yamaha XVS1100A V-Star Classic
- 2004 Yamaha XVS1100A-C V-Star Classic (California model)
- 2009 Yamaha XVS1100AT V-Star Silverado
- 2008 Yamaha XVS1100AT V-Star Silverado
- 2007 Yamaha XVS1100AT V-Star Silverado
- 2006 Yamaha XVS1100AT V-Star Silverado
- 2005 Yamaha XVS1100AT-C V-Star Silverado (California model)
- 2004 Yamaha XVS1100AT-C V-Star Silverado (California model)
- 2009 Yamaha XVS1100AW V-Star Classic
- 2008 Yamaha XVS1100AW V-Star Classic
- 2007 Yamaha XVS1100AW V-Star Classic
- 2006 Yamaha XVS1100AW V-Star Classic
- 2005 Yamaha XVS1100AW-C V-Star Classic (California model)
- 2005 Yamaha XVS1100-C V-Star Custom (California model)
- 2004 Yamaha XVS1100-C V-Star Custom (California model)
I really wanted a pipe that not only sounded good, but looked good as well. I had drilled out my stock pipes on my VTX 1300, and while the sound was better than stock, it wasnt anywhere near the level that I heard after installing the Cobras.
Price and ease of installation were considerations in choosing the Cobras and while the directions could have been better, the installation was not hard.
The pipes will rumble quietly when idling through town, but will bark with authority with a twist of the throttle.
Dennis Kirk by far has been one of the most prompt wedsites I've ever ordered from. Ordered the pipes on Sunday and received them on Wednesday; just like they promised.
chrome looks excellent on the main bodies but the brackets could have been done nicer.painted the inside of the slash cuts with high temp matte black and this added much needed accent/detail.also upgraded to stainless hardware.
they have a nice mellow rumble at a cruise,crack the throttle and they bark real sweet.
i put them on an '07 shadow 1100vtc.
overall very happy.
They Were Easy To Install And For A Good Price. They Fit Perfectly And Look Great On My Bike, But The Sound Is Amazing, Nice Low Rumble When Idle Or At A Cruising Speed, But Open The Throttle And They Roar!