Overview of Cobra Slip-On w/Slash Cut Tip - 2164SC
NOTE: Fits California models only in 2004-05, and all 06 XVS650 V-Star models
(1) Front plated assembly
(1) Rear plated assembly
(1) Front heatshield
(1) Rear heatshield
(3) HS 24 Clamps
(1) T-Bolt clamp
Note: Not all products are legal for sale or use on pollution controlled vehicles. Check your local laws and the manufacturers information
Note: Installation of a new exhaust system may change your motorcycles fuel-air mixture requirements. Please consult the manufacturer directly with questions regarding any modifications that may need to be made during, or after installing their product. If a jet kit or EFI controller is recommended please see the Intake/Fuel section for products available
Note: Exhaust discoloration (bluing) is caused by engine conditions such as cam timing, fuel-air mixture, operating temperature, etc. It is not the result of defective manufacturing; therefore it is not covered by any warranty. See the Chems/Lubes section for products to help remove or prevent exhaust discoloration
The Air Resources Board (ARB) does not permit the use of aftermarket emission-related parts that alter the air/fuel ratio of an emission-controlled vehicle. Due to these legal restrictions this part cannot be shipped to California.
Cross reference number(s):18110268
Specs for Cobra Slip-On w/Slash Cut Tip - 2164SC
|Color - Primary||Chrome|
Fitment for Cobra Slip-On w/Slash Cut Tip - 2164SCSee if this part fits your ride
Part 449856 fits the following machines
- 2011 Yamaha XVS650 V-Star Custom
- 2010 Yamaha XVS650 V-Star Custom
- 2009 Yamaha XVS650 V-Star Custom
- 2008 Yamaha XVS650 V-Star Custom
- 2007 Yamaha XVS650 V-Star Custom
- 2006 Yamaha XVS650 V-Star Custom
- 2010 Yamaha XVS650A V-Star Classic
- 2009 Yamaha XVS650A V-Star Classic
- 2008 Yamaha XVS650A V-Star Classic
- 2007 Yamaha XVS650A V-Star Classic
- 2006 Yamaha XVS650A V-Star Classic
- 2005 Yamaha XVS650A-C V-Star Classic (California model)
- 2004 Yamaha XVS650A-C V-Star Classic (California model)
- 2010 Yamaha XVS650AT V-Star Silverado
- 2009 Yamaha XVS650AT V-Star Silverado
- 2008 Yamaha XVS650AT V-Star Silverado
- 2007 Yamaha XVS650AT V-Star Silverado
- 2006 Yamaha XVS650AT V-Star Silverado
- 2005 Yamaha XVS650AT-C V-Star Silverado (California model)
- 2004 Yamaha XVS650AT-C V-Star Silverado (California model)
- 2005 Yamaha XVS650-C V-Star Custom (California model)
- 2004 Yamaha XVS650-C V-Star Custom (California model)
I really wanted a pipe that not only sounded good, but looked good as well. I had drilled out my stock pipes on my VTX 1300, and while the sound was better than stock, it wasnt anywhere near the level that I heard after installing the Cobras.
Price and ease of installation were considerations in choosing the Cobras and while the directions could have been better, the installation was not hard.
The pipes will rumble quietly when idling through town, but will bark with authority with a twist of the throttle.
Dennis Kirk by far has been one of the most prompt wedsites I've ever ordered from. Ordered the pipes on Sunday and received them on Wednesday; just like they promised.
chrome looks excellent on the main bodies but the brackets could have been done nicer.painted the inside of the slash cuts with high temp matte black and this added much needed accent/detail.also upgraded to stainless hardware.
they have a nice mellow rumble at a cruise,crack the throttle and they bark real sweet.
i put them on an '07 shadow 1100vtc.
overall very happy.
They Were Easy To Install And For A Good Price. They Fit Perfectly And Look Great On My Bike, But The Sound Is Amazing, Nice Low Rumble When Idle Or At A Cruising Speed, But Open The Throttle And They Roar!