Overview of Bridgestone Battlax RS10 Racing Blackwall Tire
Reengineered to tame the toughest roads and racetrack, Bridgestone has reengineered the design and added new-formula compounds to upgrade the performance of its Battlax range, now show cased in its newest Tire: the Battlax Racing Street RS10
The RS10 offers enthusiasts sportier handling and more control with faster acceleration out of corners, enhanced steering response, greater line-holding precision in corners and confident braking stability, particularly on dry surfaces. Specially-formulated compounds are strategically located for faster warming and sure grip on low-friction.
Higher levels of grip over a wider temperature range are added by the use of a newly-developed compound based on Bridgestones acclaimed VO2 racing slick tire derived from MotoGP™ acknowledgments, providing riders with superior handling and line-tracing precision.
The RS10 profile was also revised, giving the new tire a larger contact areas in mid-to high-angle leans, producing better grip. This movement gives the rider better line-tracing precision and a more confident feeling through corners.
In terms of construction, Battlax RS10 has been revised to upgrade cornering, add stability and provide a smoother ride. The front tires mono-spiral belt is made with a stiffer steel which improves the rigidity of the tread area. The rear tire also has a softer sidewall construction for a smoother ride and is 1.433 lbs. lighter than the RS10 predecessor (BT003 Racing Street), which re3duces the gyro effect, making leans easier in corners. From compound side the rear tyre adopts a cap and a base layer compound in order to reinforce the stiffness of the tread.
- High-performance sport radials optimized for high-grip and handling performance on dry surfaces
- Bridgestones MotoGP development analysis was used to determine the placement of new 3-D tread grooves to improve stability, grip and handling by optimizing block stiffness
- Specially formulated rubber compounds front and rear offer sure grip as well as increased durability
- Front tire uses a Mono-Spiral Belt constructed with stiffer steel to enhance rigidity of the tread area for upgraded response and stability
- Rear profile enables a larger contact patch for improved grip in mid to high lean angles
- Cap and base on rear tire adds tread stiffness for stability when braking and accelerating
- Rear tire has softer sidewall construction incorporated for better damping to improve handling
- Rear is lighter than BT-003RS to lessen gyro effect for better handling
- (W)-rated for speeds of 168+ mph
Specs for Bridgestone Battlax RS10 Racing Blackwall Tire
||(W) 168+ MPH
|DOT Approved for Road Use