Bell Helmets Black/Red/White MX-9 Mips Dash Helmet
- Lightweight polycarbonate/ABS shell construction
- MIPS® energy management system
- 3 shell and EPS sizes for a personalized fit
- Velocity Flow Ventilation™ system for maximum cooling
- Fully adjustable Flying Bridge Visor™ with air intake vents
- Removable/washable anti-bacterial interior
- Integrated roost guard
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Industry-leading Five-year warranty
- DOT certified
- Medium helmet weighs 3 lbs., 6 oz.
What is Mips?
- Mips stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.
- Mips uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head.