Bell Helmets Matte Black MX-9 Adventure Mips Helmet
From the roughest singletrack to urban blacktop, the MX-9 Adventure MIPS gets you there safely in style. We’ve taken our MX-9 and added even more capability with an integrated anti-fog, anti-scratch faceshield. The shield flips up and leaves enough room for goggles in extreme conditions, or it can be removed completely. Conversely, the adjustable visor can be removed for a stealth street look. MIPS protection, Velocity Flow ventilation, and a removable, washable, anti-microbial liner round out a highly adaptable package.
- Lightweight Polycarbonate/ABS Shell Construction
- MIPS® energy management system
- 3 shell and EPS sizes for a personalized fit
- Integrated/Removable shield with NutraFog II™ anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protection
- The dark smoke tinted shield is not included; optional tints are available. A Clear shield will be installed on the helmet in the box.
- Velocity Flow Ventilation™ system for maximum cooling
- Two point adjustable Visor™ with air intake vents
- Removable/washable anti-bacterial interior
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Medium helmet weighs 3 lbs., 11 oz.
- DOT/ECE certified
What is MIPS?
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head.