Upgraded Race Star Flex DLX series helmets for 2019 now include a $149.95 value photochromic ProTint shield in the box, in addition to the clear Panovision shield on the helmet (for more details, see Dennis Kirk Part # 3204889). Also upgraded is the headform and padding for a better fit and lighter overall weight, as well as bigger speaker pockets for communicators and other devices.
The Racer with a day job, the Race Star provides the same level of rider protection in a more affordable package.
- FLEX IMPACT LINER: A first-of-its kind, three-layer impact liner designed to manage energy from three potential impact scenarios: low, mid and high-speed
- VIRUS® COOL JADE POWER MESH LINER: Designed to withstand the rigors of hard use in extreme conditions, the Virus liner allows athletes to stay cool, keep comfortable and beat the funk.
- 3K CARBON SHELL: The proven 3K carbon fiber on the 2016 Race Star gives this helmet the look, performance, and feel of a true race helmet.
- MAGNEFUSION MAGNETIC CHEEKPADS: Allows for easy removal of the pads for washing and enables emergency responders to easily remove the cheekpads first before removing the helmet following an impact.
- VIRUS® COOL JADE POWER MESH LINER: Designed to withstand the rigors of hard use in extreme conditions, the Virus liner allows athletes to stay cool, keep comfortable and beat the funk. It's the most technically advanced liner on the market. CoolJade fabric from Virus has been infused with recycled jade to create a natural cooling effect. The ultra-wicking construction combined with CoolJade infused yarn decreases your skin surface temperature up to 10° F - keeping you comfortable, dry and cool.
- PROGRESSIVE LAYERING (patent pending): Race Star features the Flex impact liner, designed to perform across a range of crash scenarios. It does this by using three different materials at three different densities. As the impact becomes greater, higher density layers are engaged to manage energy.
- PURPOSE BUILT:The new Star line features two unique profile shapes for two distinctly different types of riding. The Raceview profile, used on the Race Star Flex uses an orientation specifically optimized for a tucked, more compact position. Conversely, the Streetview profile used for the Star Mips is designed for a more upright, sport or touring position.
- Five shell sizes and six EPS liners for the best, most compact fit
- Now 10% lighter overall weight
- Flex interior liner
- 3k carbon shell
- Virus® CoolJade™ Liner
- Clear Panovision™ shield with Class 1 Optics; installed on helmet
- Magnefusion™ magnetic, triple-density cheek pads
- RaceView orientation
- Eyewear compatible
- Snell M2015 and DOT approved
- Padded Double-D retention strap with anti-flutter magnet
Medium weight is 3 lbs, 6 oz.
(1) Helmet bag
(1) Clear shield