Bell Helmets Matte Black MX-9 Adventure Mips Helmet - 7094949
- Lightweight Polycarbonate/ABS shell construction
- 3 shell and EPS sizes for a personalized fit
- Integrated/removable shield with NutraFog II™ anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protection
- The dark smoke tinted shield, in some photographs, is not included optional tints are available
- A clear shield will be installed on the helmet in the box
- Velocity-flow ventilation system for maximum cooling
- Two point adjustable Visor™ with air intake vents
- Removable/washable anti-bacterial interior
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Industry-leading 5-year warranty
- DOT certified
- Medium weighs 1640 Grams (+/- 50) / 3.62 lbs. (+/- .11)
- Double D ring with anti flutter loop chin strap
What is MIPS?
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head.