Avon Rear Storm 2 Ultra Sport/Sport-Touring Radial 160/60ZR-17 Blackwall Tire
- Part #: 543755
- Manufacturer Part #: 90000001123
Overview of Avon Rear Storm 2 Ultra Sport/Sport-Touring Radial 160/60ZR-17 Blackwall Tire
- (W) rated for speeds of 168+ mph
- Grip, mileage and wet-weather performance
- Tri-Compound Extrusion (TE) technology medium compound center tread with soft compound shoulders and a base that improves the bond between the tire compounds and tire carcass
- Advance Variable Belt Density (A-VBD) rear tire construction uses a densely wrapped belt in the center of the tire for stability, wear and mileage; belt is less dense on the shoulders for a large, compliant contact patch
- Super-Rich Silica (SRS) compound for fast warm-up and superior grip
- Enhanced Aqua Flow (EAF) tread pattern for optimal water dispersal
- Inverted Front Grooves (IFG) resists uneven wear and improves braking stability
- Lifetime Profile Engineering (LPE) for consistent handling and stability for the life of the tire
Sidewall ID Information:
Avon AV56 Storm ST 2 Ultra 160/60ZR-17 M/C 69W
Inflated Width/Measuring Rim Width: 6.5 in./ 4.50 in.
Inflated Diameter: 24.7 in.
Acceptable Rim Width(s): 4.25-5.00 in.
Deepest Tread Depth: 8/32 in.
Width of White Stripes: Not Applicable
Balance Dot: No
Directional Arrow: Yes
Speed Rating: W-(V270) Rated up to 168 mph
Capacities and Construction
Load Capacity/Inflation Pressure: 717 lbs/ 42 psi
Load Range: B
Bias or Radial: Radial
Tread Plies/Material: 1 Rayon/ 1 Polyester/ 1 Steel
Sidewall Plies/Material: 1 Rayon
DOT Approved for Road Use: Yes
Tube or Tubeless: Tubeless
Safety Warning: Please consult tire manufacturers publication and/or website for information on tire care, safety, installation, maintenance, manufacturers warranty and other information. The tires used for your application must have a load index and speed rating equal to or greater than the tires fitted as original equipment.
Specs for Avon Rear Storm 2 Ultra Sport/Sport-Touring Radial 160/60ZR-17 Blackwall Tire
Reviews for Avon Rear Storm 2 Ultra Sport/Sport-Touring Radial 160/60ZR-17 Blackwall Tire
Avon Storm 2 Ultra 160/60/17
i bought this tire (along with a matching front) to replace the Stock 11 year old Dunlop sportmax touring tires that where on my 99 750 katana. these tires are wonderfly softer than what i has. the Tread pattern is quite amazing and works wonders in rain! these tires offer a soft outer compound on the outside, and a harder rubber center. i do not have a milage yet, as i installed them only 600 miles ago, so i marked "True to specs" after much research i went with these tires because they where more on the "touring" side, and after i realized that my bike Dry wieghts around 470, and with my girlfriend and I, we are around 900 pounds. normal soft sport tires would be ripped to shreds. i also liked these tires because of the 25$ per tire rebate! i recommend these to anyone that does not have a brand new Supersport, but rather a mid wieght bike (90's and older sport bikes). they should last while providing great grip!I would recommend this item to a friend.
Was this review helpful to you?