PB-SNC (Peripheral Belting-Structural Net Composite2)
- Created from super fiber and special synthetic fibers, and assembled by Arai experts, the shell provides both superb tensile strength and flexibility characteristics. Like the metal bands used to hold a wooden barrel together, a variety of carefully placed materials, combined with newly-developed resins result in strong shells with less weight.
- Flares out to provide a larger opening so that the helmet is easier to get on and off. The reinforcement band circles the bottom of the shell, adding strength and lowering the helmet's center of gravity.
VAS Shield Mechanism
- The Variable Axis System (VAS) incorporates a moving pivot point. By combining the pin trajectory, which is based on an imaginary axis, with the two trajectories of the double-pivot point slot, the shield opens and closes smoothly, even with the much lower shield mount position. A dual-function lever releases both the side cover/pod and shield pin for quick and simple shield removal.
Extreme Peripheral View
- Wide eye port for enhanced peripheral view.
- Faceshield tab pushes forward to open the shield and help clear any fog that may appear.
VAS Shield Latch
- The VAS latch captures and securely holds the shield closed to help resist unexpected opening. In addition to the de-mist function, the larger latch allows for intuitive and seamless shield operation, even with heavy gloves.
Pull-Down Air Spoilers
- Helps minimize wind noise. Also aids with the extraction of the hot air from the face area.
- The new chin curtain accentuates the egg-shaped form of the outer shell. In addition, it blocks the intrusion of turbulent air from the underside of the helmet and increases negative pressure to enhance the function of the chin vent by drawing more air from the mouth area. Works with pull-down spoiler, and, when removed, the pull-down spoiler remains functional.
Cowl Vent Design
- Exhausts heat more efficiently. The vents are sculpted into the rear shell shape and work in concert with the AirWing to greatly add lateral helmet stability at speed (Arai test riders reported this benefit is most noticeable when popping up into the airflow when braking).
Brow Vent Channeling Ventilation
- Gives you more cooling air in the temple and/or forehead area without holes in the critical forehead area of the shell or impact-absorbing liner.
FFS (Free Flow System)
- Helps reduce wind noise and turbulence while increasing the exhaust of hot air.
Diffuser Type 12
- The Type-12 diffusers are 20mm longer than the previous design with three-position air intake closures and a streamlined shape - all to improve stability and reduce noise.
- The center IC Duct5 intakes in 11% more air and the new Type-12 diffuser intakes each take in 19% more air than the previous designs. All use a three-position slide gate to improve sealing for reduced noise and water intrusion.
FCS® Cheek Pad Design
- A spring support adds just the right amount of pressure when worn and releases to create extra room when the helmet is removed. The 5mm peel-away offers unparalleled custom fitting.
Emergency-Release Cheek Pads
- Allow for easier access to an injured rider by sliding out via integrated pull tabs built into the underside of the cheek pads.
Sound-Absorbing Ear-Pad Foam
- A layer of foam in the ear pocket to help block assorted noises from reaching your ears.
Removable/Replaceable Neck Roll
- Easily removes and re-installs for thorough washing or replacement if damaged.
- New exclusive liner with antimicrobial material stays fresher between cleanings.
VAS Max Vision (BV) Shield
- VAS Max Vision shield is standard to provide better visibility for all types of riding. A clear Pinlock insert is standard with the Corsair-X.
Medium weight is 3 lbs, 9 oz.
Double D ring with anti flutter loop chin strap
(1) Helmet bag
(1) Black plastic adjustable air wing
(1) Tube silicone lubricant
(1) Clear pinlock lens